Unlike Windows,there is no need to install a doc to pdf converter software in Mac OS X as the PDF converter comes with the bundle of the Mac OS X software.
It’s a piece of cake to convert a .doc/.docx file into a pdf file on Mac OS X.
- Just open up the file(.doc/.docx/.rtf/.txt etc.) in any text editor (Text Edit,Text Wrangler,MS WORD,Pages,Open Office.Org ,Libre Office etc.)
- Click on the File Menu and select the Print option (File->Print..) or simply use the handy short cut Command+P, this will drop a new window as shown in the snapshot below.
- Now click on the PDF button which is provided at the bottom left of the window.This will populate a menu which looks like the following:
- On selecting the Save as PDF option from the menu, it will show you an another window as shown in the following snapshot:
- Give your desired file name and choose your location and press “save” to save your file.
- Now you are done ! You have converted a file into a PDF(Portable Document Format). 🙂