Viewing hidden files on Mac is useful for accessing the hidden files on UNIX.Additionally if a folder is prefixed with a ‘.’ it is considered as a hidden file.
To view hidden folders:
- Open Terminal and type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true and press return to execute the command.
- For the changes to take effect, just terminate the finder by opening the Activity Monitor and quitting the Finder process.
- Reopen the finder to see your hidden files!
- Instead of going to the Activity Monitor ,you can execute the command killall Finder in Terminal or simply by right clicking on the Finder icon on the Dock and by selecting the Force Quit option.
To Hide the Files:
- Open Terminal and type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false and press return to execute the command.
- Force Quit and reopen the Finder by following the above steps to hide your folders.🙂